How to Handle Dry Ice
Halloween is just around the corner and what other better way to add to your ghoulish props than with dry ice. Dry ice is dangerous, it should never be touched by bare hands or bare any other parts. Always use gloves (heavy duty!) or tong with gloves.
If you drop it into liquid it creates a spooky fog. This doesn’t mean you should drink from a glass with dry ice, not unless you want to keep your lips. Always utilize dry ice in a well ventilated area.
Dry ice must be keep it in an insulated container. Do not under any circumstances make the storage container airtight. Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide, if you keep it airtight the neighbors will think WW II is going on at your house, cause it will explode! Be careful. Never breathe in its fumes.
If you store dry ice in your freezer, it will take over the freezer’s job, give it the boot (shut off) and use itself to keep your items cold. Let it know who’s boss. Don’t stick it in the freezer. If you have any leftover - leave it sit uncovered in well ventilated area and it will disappear on its own.
If by chance your a silly noob and manage to have the dry ice touch your skin, treat the redness as you would a burn.
Dry ice will crack surfaces if you decide to lay it on your counter. So don’t do that either. If you can follow all these handy instructions, dry ice will surely add to your Halloween party.